- ST BERNARD’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL, PRESTON
Victoria Park Avenue , Lea , Preston , Lancashire , PR2 1RP
Tel: 01772 728153
School website: https://www.st-bernards.lancs.sch.uk
- We are looking to appoint our new headteacher at St. Bernard’s Catholic Primary School in Preston.
St. Bernard’s is a thriving school on the outskirts of Preston. It embodies the Catholic faith and way of life in everything it does and is a happy, friendly school. We pride ourselves on our successes in all aspects of school life both in our work and in our play.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a ‘disclosure’. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS’s Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
More Information can be found at https://www.st-bernards.lancs.sch.uk
- Essential Qualifications
- Qualified teacher status
- CCRS/CTC or commitment to obtaining the certificate
- Essential Experience
- Recent successful senior leadership experience e.g., a deputy headteacher, assistant headteacher or acting headteacher
- Experience of curriculum leadership and development
- Experience of monitoring staff performance
- Successful teaching of pupils in the primary phase
- See person specification for further details about essential experience
- Desirable Experience
- Experience of effective budget management and financial analysis
- An understanding of strategic financial planning in relation to its contribution to school improvement, curriculum development and pupil achievement
- Experience of teaching in more than one school
- Experience of providing professional challenge and support to others through the appraisal process
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:
Visits to school and informal discussions are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mia Barlow 01772 728153 [email protected] to arrange
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Application form attached.
Please return completed application to [email protected]
Apply for job