- ST ANTHONY’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL. FULWOOD. PRESTON
St Anthony’s Drive , Fulwood , Preston , Lancashire , PR2 3SQ
Tel: 01772 726621
School website: www.st-anthonys.lancs.sch.uk
- Following the appointment of our much valued Headteacher to an advisory position within the Local Authority, an exciting opportunity has arisen for the governors to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Catholic leader to move the school forward, as we progress to joining the Mater Ecclesiae Catholic Multi Academy Trust in September 2024.
Our new Headteacher will join a school family which values the uniqueness of all members of the school community and where the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church are fundamental to the whole life of the school.We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- is a practising and committed Catholic who will put personal faith into practice in leading our school
- can develop and sustain strategic thinking and planning that builds, communicates and carries this school forward
- has the ability to nurture, inspire, challenge, motivate and empower others
- is approachable to pupils, staff and parents
- will keep the school at the heart of the parish and wider community
- will be a figurehead for the school’s caring and inclusive ethos
- has a clear focus on raising pupil achievement
- will be committed to encouraging parental involvement in pupils’ educationWe can offer:
- enthusiastic children with outstanding behaviour who are actively involved in their own learning
- a dedicated and experienced staff team with a strong Senior Leadership Team
- close links with the Church and wider community
- supportive and experienced governors.
- parents who are active partners in their children’s education
- a welcoming school with a caring ethosShortlisting: 8th November 2023
Candidates invited into school: 28th November 2023
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a ‘disclosure’. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS’s Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
Please ensure all applications are sent on word format.
It is essential to note that there is a word limit of 1300 for supporting statements.
More Information can be found at www.st-anthonys.lancs.sch.uk
- Proposed Interview Date:
For an informal discussion please contact:
This is an opportunity for an ambitious school leader to develop professionally and gain personal satisfaction in the process. We welcome visits from prospective applicants.
Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to
Please ensure all documents attached to this vacancy are downloaded and completed. Completed applications and supporting documents should be emailed to [email protected]
Apply for job
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.