ST CATHERINE’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL,
Drovers Lane, Penrith, CA11 9EL Tel: 01768 864612
Headteacher Required for September 2023
Permanent, Full Time with 0.5 Teaching commitment
Salary Range L9 – L15 (£53973 – £62561)
Number on roll: 111
Closing date: 6th March 2023 at 12 noon
Interviews: 27th & 28th March 2023
Following the retirement of our longstanding Headteacher, St Catherine’s Governors are looking to employ an inspirational and dedicated Headteacher who will develop and share our vision of high-quality education for all. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the school in continuous improvement and delivery of our curriculum, while supporting the professional development of our excellent teaching team.
St Catherine’s is a welcoming, caring community with close links to the parish. Our pupils and families appreciate the family feel of our school where the children learn to develop spiritually, morally and academically. Our dedicated and caring staff have high expectations of pupils’ learning, and the children, including those with special educational needs, achieve well.
We are seeking a Headteacher who is: –
- A committed practising Catholic with a clear vision of Catholic Education
- Passionate about education and the difference it makes to children’s lives
- An outstanding leader with excellent interpersonal skills to promote high expectations of pupils and staff
- Committed to maintaining productive relationships with our families, parish and the local community
- An experienced and excellent teacher in all stages of Primary education (0.5 teaching commitment)
- Able to demonstrate a high level of experience of safeguarding and welfare in the school environment.
- Have experience of contributing towards the delivery of a successful school improvement plan?
- Have proven Senior Leadership experience?
- Have the ability to develop staff as excellent teachers and future leaders?
- Have the foresight to follow the Bishop’s vision for Academisation in the Lancaster Diocese?
In return St Catherine’s will give you:
- Enthusiastic, happy, well-behaved children and supportive families from a wide diversity of backgrounds
- Hard working and dedicated staff
- Excellent links with the Parish and local community
- Professional and supportive links with local Catholic and community schools
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body with a clear vision and determination to raising standards of teaching and learning
- Well-presented and maintained working environment
- Effective induction support from Local Authority and Diocese
You can find out more and download an application pack by visiting the Vacancies page on www.st-catherines.cumbria.sch.uk
Applications must be submitted on the CES Senior Leadership application form. The successful candidate will be appointed under the terms and conditions of a CES contract which they will be required to sign. Completed applications should be emailed to [email protected].
School visits can be arranged by contacting Mrs Diane Pickering, School Business Manager/ Clerk to Governors on 01768 864612 or by emailing [email protected].
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by email by Wednesday 15th March. If candidates do not receive an email by this date, they have not been successful. References for candidates will be taken up prior to interview, which will take place on 27th and 28th March 2023.
St. Catherine’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers. The above post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and receipt of professional references. Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.