St. Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01772 79739
Chair of Governors: Mrs E. M. Hesketh
Head Teacher Required from September 2023
Group 2 School
IRS Range 10-17
Number on role 176
Following a successful 8 years in post, our Head Teacher is retiring in August 2023.
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and inspirational practising Head Teacher, who will develop and share our vision of high-quality education for all.
We are seeking a Head Teacher who: –
- Is a practicing Catholic, committed to the teachings of the Catholic church
- Has excellent, interpersonal skills and an ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Will continue to raise aspirations of all our children
- Has proven leadership skills and can advance our high-quality teaching and learning
- Is a strategic thinker who will continue to implement our vision and development plan to inspire our children
- Is committed to building on the relationships already established with our parents, parish, community and Trust.
- Is able to demonstrate a high level of experience and involvement in the leadership of safeguarding and a commitment to going to DSL training.
Our children are seeking a Headteacher who:
- Can keep us safe and make us happy
- Understands children’s needs and can solve problems
- Is caring, generous, honest and patient
- Is a good leader and a brilliant teacher
- Is a good listener and is curious
- Helps us to do things even if we are scared
We can offer:
- A positive and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith
- A welcoming and supportive community united in our desire to learn and improve together.
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team of staff
- A supportive and committed leadership team with a clear vision and determination to raising standards of teaching and learning
- Personalised and ever evolving professional development opportunities to ensure that God given talents are nurtured and potential is fulfilled
- A dedicated and supportive team of directors of the Trust and Governors of the school to work with.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school to make arrangements.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check. The successful candidate will be appointed under the terms and conditions of a CES contract which they will be required to sign. The employer will be the Mater Ecclesiae Catholic Multi Academy Trust. Applications must be made on the CES Leadership application form.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974(Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013), If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a ‘Disclosure.’ Information provided by you or the Disclosure and barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS’s Code of Practice. You may view the Code of practice on the DBD website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request, Lancashire County Council had a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy. This is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application. Lancashire County Council has a policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders. This is available to all applicants upon request.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
Click the link for further details, or check the school website.
Application forms should be returned to: [email protected]
Closing Date: – Friday January 27th, 2023 at 12 noon
Short Listing – February 2nd, 2023 Interviews 27th and 28th February 2023