St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Garstang Road North
Lancashire PR4 3HA
Tel No 01772 683009
Headteacher Required for 1st September 2023
NOR 108 Group 1 LPR 07-14 (Salary £49,019 to £58,135)
Full Time and Permanent
Following the successful appointment of our current headteacher to the headship of a larger Catholic Primary School, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Headteacher at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Wesham. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the school’s mission and strategic vision, leading the school in the continuous improvement and delivery of our curriculum and supporting the professional development of our excellent Teaching Team.
We can offer you:
- A popular, friendly, inclusive Catholic school
- A happy, welcoming school with a strong, positive and caring Catholic ethos
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children who enjoy learning and are proud of their school
- A committed and supportive Governing Body with strong links to our Parish and local community
- A school with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff who have high expectations of all our pupils
- Excellent opportunities for your continued professional development, as a Catholic leader
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
Is a practising Catholic, committed to the teachings of the Catholic Church and who:
- Understands the requirement to think strategically, has experience of developing and has contributed towards the delivery of a successful school development plan
- Is committed to, and has the ability to establish a positive working environment ensuring that the Catholic life of the school is central to all that we do
- Has a proven track record of delivering teaching based on the principles of “quality first” with evidence of raising children’s attainment
- Can demonstrate the potential to become an innovative primary leader committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning
- Recognises and believes in the unique individuality and potential of each child
- Can recognise the potential and nurture the talent of all our staff
- Is committed to and understands the importance of establishing and maintaining productive relationships with the local community and parish
- Is able to demonstrate a high level of experience and involvement in the leadership of safeguarding in the school environment and a commitment to going on DSL training
- Is friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
For further information, please visit the school’s website, or contact the school. (www.st-josephs-kirkham.lancs.sch.uk)
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by arrangement, please contact Mr G Lawrenson our Chair of Governors via the school office to book a visit. Please phone 01772 683009.
Closing date: 20/01/2023
Interviews: 24/02/2023 with a pre interview visit on 23/02/2023, which is part of the selection process.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check. The successful candidate will be appointed under the terms and conditions of a CES contract which they will be required to sign. Applications must be made on the St Joseph’s CES Leadership application form.
Click on the link: https://schooljobs.lancashire.gov.uk/vacancyDetails.asp?id=184361 for further details and an application pack.