Required for 19th April 2022
Group 2 LPR 14-21 NOR 210
Following the successful transition of our current Headteacher into a Local Authority Advisory role, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Headteacher at St Peter’s Catholic Primary School, Lytham. The successful candidate will be responsible for the school’s strategic vision and leading the school, together with our excellent Leadership Team.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
Is a practising Catholic, committed to the teachings of the Catholic Church and who:
- Can think strategically and has a proven track record in delivering a school development plan
- Is committed to, and has established a positive environment ensuring that the Catholic life of the school is central to all that we do
- Has a proven track record of raising children’s attainment
- Is an innovative primary leader committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning
- Recognises and believes in the unique individuality and potential of each child
- Can recognise the potential and nurture the talent of all our staff
- Is committed to and has experience in establishing and maintaining productive relationships with the local community and parishes
- Is able to demonstrate experience and leadership in safeguarding throughout the school and a commitment to going on DSL training
- Is friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
We can offer you:
- A popular, inclusive Catholic school
- A happy, welcoming school with a strong, positive and caring Catholic ethos
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children who enjoy learning and are proud of their school
- A committed and supportive Governing Body with strong links to our Parishes and local community
- A school with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff who have high expectations of all our pupils
- Excellent opportunities for your continued professional development, as a Catholic leader
For further information, please go to the school’s website, or contact school. (www.st-peters-pri.lancs.sch.uk)
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by arrangement, please contact Rachel Rothney in the school office to book a visit. Please ring 01253 734658.
Closing date: Thursday 6th January 2022
Interviews: Thursday 20th January 2022 with a pre interview visit on Tuesday, 18th January, which is part of the selection process.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check. The successful candidate will be appointed under the terms and conditions of a CES contract which they will be required to sign. Applications must be made on St Peter’s CES Leadership application form.