FULL TIME HEADTEACHER (with a minimum 0.3 teaching commitment)
St. Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, Wigton
Start Date: 1 January 2022
Group 1 Leadership Range: Salary: L6- L12 (£47,735 TO £55,338)
Age Range: 3-11 years old
NoR: 100 (including 19 Nursery)
Live, love and learn together and let the light of Jesus shine in our school
The governing body of St. Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic to the position of Headteacher. We are looking for someone who will build on our strong Catholic ethos and share our whole school vision.
St. Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School is situated in the historic market town of Wigton, on the fringe of the Lake District National Park, in an area of outstanding natural beauty. We seek to appoint a dynamic headteacher to continue to promote high standards of learning as well as an innovative, creative curriculum which nurtures the whole child. We benefit from an active and supportive local community, including strong partnerships with the local Church and businesses. We maximise the use of our unique school grounds and surroundings, extending the learning beyond the classroom.
St. Cuthbert’s is proud of its extended provision and active PTA as well as strong links with the consortium of local schools.
In March 2020 we were judged as ‘good’ by Ofsted. Ofsted commented on the fact that children are proud of their school and their achievements and that they contribute to the decision-making within school. They also commented on the fact that staff are proud to work at the school and morale is high. In addition, they stated, ‘Teaching pupils to become confident speakers and fluent readers is a central part of the school’s work.’
We would like to hear from you if you are:
- a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear understanding of Catholic education and the vision and ability to further develop the Catholic life of our school;
- able to foster strong relationships with the whole school community;
- an approachable, collaborative and inspirational leader;
- able to lead by example as an outstanding classroom practitioner.
We can offer you:
- a school where children are at the centre and Jesus is at the heart of everything we do;
- a place where we create growth in prayer, in spiritual awareness and moral values;
- a dedicated, skilled, mutually supportive staff team committed to care for and develop each child;
- a welcoming school with joyful, enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and are supported by their committed parents/carers, governors and members of the parish;
- our support in your continued professional development.
Whilst we would always welcome visitors to our school to meet our pupils and staff, current Covid restrictions mean that this may not be possible. Please contact the school for the latest update. We thank you for your understanding in these difficult and challenging times.
St. Cuthbert’s is committed to safeguarding and safer recruitment. Applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and pre-employment ID and medical checks.
To apply, please visit the school website www.stcuthbertswigton.co.uk to download the application pack.
All completed application forms should be returned to the Clerk to the Governing Body at the following email address: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 10.00am on 10 September 2021
Shortlisting will take place on 14 September 2021
Interviews will be held on 23 and 24 September 2021