Head of School at St Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School, Carlisle
Leadership Pay Range L2 – L7
Required 2nd September 2021
The governors of the St. Ninian Catholic Federation are seeking to appoint an ambitious, dynamic individual as Head of School at St. Cuthbert’s Catholic Primary School.
St. Cuthbert’s currently has 146 children and has reopened Nursery provision from April 2021. It has an Ofsted ‘Good’ rating and we are looking for a candidate to take us to the next level by providing the drive, vision and effective leadership that will support staff and children to achieve excellence in all they do.
The successful candidate will be a good communicator, able to build strong relationships with parents and the wider local community, and have a vision for success which will ensure that all children are supported to succeed. Excellent time management and organizational skills will be essential, looking to use resources efficiently and effectively in this small but growing school.
The Head of School is responsible for the day-to-day running and leadership of the school, and will also support the Executive Headteacher and Governors with the strategic direction of the Federation as part of the Federation Leadership team.
What we can offer you:
- enthusiastic pupils eager to learn and engage
- a dedicated and supportive governing body
- committed staff dedicated to the welfare and development of our children
- supportive families who are positive about the school
- the chance to shape Catholic teachers of the future through our teacher training pathway
We are looking for a leader with:
- A commitment to developing a culture of collaboration of shared success
- The ability to inspire adults and children to achieve the very highest standards in their work
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Capacity to lead on the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
This post may be particularly suitable for a current Deputy Headteacher or senior teacher looking for their first post in whole-school leadership.
Interviews will take place on week commencing 24th May, 2021. The post commences from 12st September, 2021
Candidates should be aware that the schools of the St. Ninian Cathlic Federation are in the process of converting to become an Academy and will join the Mater-Christi Multi Academy Trust. Successful candidates will be employees of the Mater-Christi Multi Academy Trust.
If you think this post is for you then we would love to hear from you. For an informal chat or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the Executive Headteacher on 01228 818201 or email the school office on [email protected]
The St Ninian Catholic Federation is committed to safeguarding its pupils and staff. The successful applicant will be appointed on completion of an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.