Required for 1st September 2021
Group 2 ISR L7-12 NOR 209
Following the retirement of the current post holder, the governors of this successful and welcoming Catholic school community wish to appoint a deputy headteacher. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading teaching and learning across the school, with a focus on curriculum design, monitoring and assessment.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
Is a practising Catholic, committed to the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Recognises and believes in the unique individuality of each child
- Has a proven track record of raising children’s attainment
- Is an innovative primary practitioner committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning
- Has recent upper Key Stage 2 experience and able to support in preparing our children to be high school ready.
- Can recognise the potential and nurture the talent of all our children and staff
- Is willing to take the lead in Safeguarding throughout the school and undertake DSL training
- Is friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
We can offer you:
- A popular, oversubscribed, inclusive Catholic school
- A happy, welcoming school with a strong, positive and caring Catholic ethos
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children who enjoy learning and are proud of their school
- A committed and supportive Governing Body with strong links to our Parishes and local community
- A school with a friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff who have high expectations of all our pupils
- Excellent opportunities for your continued professional development, as a Catholic leader
For further information, please go to the school’s website, or contact school. Applications must be made on a current CES Leadership application form. (www.st-peters-pri.lancs.sch.uk)
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by arrangement, please contact Rachel Rothney in the School Office to book a visit. Tel: 01253 734658
Closing date: Friday 12th March 2021 at noon.
Interviews: Wednesday 31st March 2021
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check. The successful candidate will be appointed under the terms and conditions of a CES contract which they will be required to sign.