Our Lady & St Edward’s Catholic Primary School, Preston
Advert for the post of Deputy Headteacher
Salary Scale L5-L10
The Governors of Our Lady and St Edward’s Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational practising Catholic Deputy Headteacher from September 2021. We are looking for someone who will develop and share our vision of high quality education. The successful applicant must be a committed, practising Catholic, who is dedicated to leading and building an exceptional and caring learning environment.
Our Mission Statement
We are inspired by the teachings of Jesus Christ who is at the heart of all that we do.
Working in unity with our families, parish and community, we encourage and support the children to grow in faith and reach their full potential in a happy, caring and loving environment.
About Our Lady and St Edward’s
Our Lady and St Edward’s is situated in a developing suburb to the north of Preston, close to the M6 and M55 Motorway junction. The school building dates from the 1960’s and is light and open with bright classrooms overlooking extensive playing fields, a multi-use games area and a garden area.
We serve the parish community of Our Lady & St. Edward’s with a few children coming from the surrounding district. Our Lady & St. Edward’s is a thriving community with a number of our families attending church on a regular basis as well as being actively involved in the life of the parish. The school and the parish are very closely linked.
Our parents are very supportive of the work of the school and we have a thriving PTA committee who work hard to support not only the school but the wider community through many fundraising events. We are incredibly proud of our pupils who are enthusiastic, hard-working and have excellent standards of behaviour and positive attitudes. We take pride in the fact that we have a number of children with significant special needs who make good progress, are well supported and happy within our community.
The school was inspected in November 2018 and was found to be a good school. The report is available on the Ofsted website – www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports
Provision for Religious Education and Worship was inspected by the diocese in December 2014:
“The overall effectiveness of the school is outstanding.”
The report is available of the Diocesan Website – www.lancaster-diocese-education.org.uk
If you believe that you could make a positive difference to our school and you feel that our school provides an environment which will enable you to become an inspirational leader, we would like to invite you to apply for the position and join our dedicated team.
We are looking for someone who is:
- committed to fostering and developing the respectful and inclusive ethos of our Catholic school and who has a strong personal faith commitment.
- an inspirational example of excellent classroom practice and demonstrates a clear desire for enabling progress.
- able to lead, motivate and inspire staff to achieve the highest standards.
- dynamic and visionary in driving forward developments in the curriculum.
- able to demonstrate passion in promoting a clear child-centred vision.
- able to develop children’s enjoyment of learning, whilst ensuring high levels of progress and achievement through a clear vision of educational excellence.
- able to support the Headteacher in the strategic role of raising standards of achievement both academically, spiritually and pastorally.
- approachable and able to build good relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and all other members of the school community.
- an excellent communicator with effective interpersonal skills, has a good sense of humour and believes in teamwork.
- understanding of children’s emotional and mental wellbeing needs.
We can offer you:
- happy, polite, caring and well behaved children who love school and enjoy learning.
- hardworking, committed and dedicated staff whose aim is to improve outcomes for children.
- a caring, inclusive, Catholic ethos where times of prayer and reflection draw us closer to God.
- support for your professional development and well-being.
- a close working partnership between the Church, parents and the local community.
- a governing body, which is fully committed and supportive of continuing to develop the school as a leading Catholic school.
Our Lady and St Edward’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. References will be checked prior to interview and are integral to the recruitment process. Please note that open or generic references will not be accepted as part of a safer recruitment process.
Potential candidates who would like to visit the school prior to application must make an appointment through the school office. In response to Covid-19 restrictions, visits can only be accommodated after school hours.
Tel: 01772 862305
Email: [email protected]
Schedule of the application process
Closing date: Thursday 15th April
Shortlisting: Thursday 22nd April
Lesson Obs: wc 3rd May
Pre-Interview: Tuesday 11th May
Interview date: Wednesday 12th May