Required from 1st September 2021 ISR 26-33
The governors of this thriving mixed 11-16 Catholic High School are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, ambitious and inspirational Headteacher who will lead the school on the next stage of its journey towards excellence. The vacancy has arisen as our successful and much respected Headteacher will retire at the end of the school year.
In February 2019, Ofsted judged Corpus Christi to be good in all areas and commended leaders and governors for working tenaciously to raise standards in those areas that required improvement. They said that leaders have created a strong and supportive community where pupils feel safe, valued and cared for by staff.
Inspectors recognised that the quality of teaching, learning and assessment have improved considerably since the last inspection. However, governors are not complacent and recognise there is more work to do and standards need to improve further.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic with a strong commitment to the distinctive Catholic ethos of our school
- have the drive, determination and leadership skills necessary to make a significant contribution to the further development of our school
- have the ability to motivate and inspire pupils, staff, parents and governors
- have a proven record of leading school improvement
- have strong communication skills
- have the potential to be an outstanding Headteacher
Corpus Christi can offer:
- A school community where Gospel values are central to all we do
- A strong capacity for further improvement
- A highly effective senior leadership team
- A dedicated teaching and non-teaching staff who are committed to improving the life chances of our pupils
- Pupils who behave well and have positive attitudes to learning
- A knowledgeable, supportive and proactive governing body
Corpus Christi Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Colleagues who are considering applying for this post are strongly encouraged to visit our school before submitting their application. If you would like to visit on either Tuesday 3 November or Wednesday 11 November at 4.00pm, please contact Mrs Kerr at school on 01772 716912 or email: [email protected] to arrange an appointment. It is not possible to show candidates around school during the day due to Covid restrictions.