SACRED HEART CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL PRESTON
Group 2 – L10 – L17
Required for April 2018
The Governors of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational practicing Catholic to take our school from Good to Outstanding.
This opportunity has arisen due to the retirement of our well-respected Headteacher. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching and learning and who has the resilience and leadership qualities required to take our school to the highest level of success.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
- Has a strong Catholic faith and understanding of Catholic education, who will uphold and sustain the spiritual and caring ethos of the school
- Has strong and motivational leadership skills to inspire and challenge an excellent team
- Possess the strategic vision necessary to build on the schools existing strengths – Sacred Heart was judged to be a good school by Ofsted in April 2015
- Foster children’s enjoyment of learning, whilst ensuring high levels of achievement
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
We offer the successful candidate:
- Positive, happy children who enjoy school and love learning
- A warm and friendly working environment with hardworking, committed and dedicated staff
- An opportunity to develop your own leadership skills and CPD
- A Governing Body which is fully committed to a bright future and supportive of the whole school community
- A supportive Parish Priest
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References for shortlisted candidates will be taken up prior to interview.
If you would like an informal chat with our current Headteacher before applying, you are welcome to do so.
Applicants are warmly invited to visit our school on Thursday 30th November 2017 and we look forward to meeting you. Please contact the school office to arrange on 01772 726937
Closing date: Friday 3rd November 2017 at noon
Interview date: Friday 1st December 2017
Applicant Declaration V.2
Catholic Headteacher Job Description
Guidance on Practising Catholic
Lancaster Diocese Person Specification – HT June 2017
Letter from Chair of Governors to prospective candidate