The Blessed Sacrament Catholic Primary School,
Tel: 01772 792572
School website: http://www.blessed.lancsngfl.ac.uk/
Required from: 1st September 2018 (or sooner if possible)
Pay Range: Group 3 L17 – L24
The successful candidate will be paid at a point within this pay-range, dependent on experience and current salary.
NOR: 438 (2 form entry including Nursery)
Following the promotion of our previous headteacher, the governors, staff and children of The Blessed Sacrament Catholic Primary School are looking for an inspirational leader to become their new headteacher.
The Blessed Sacrament is one of the largest Primary schools within the Lancaster Diocese and, despite its size, has a welcoming, friendly and family atmosphere. This would be a great professional development opportunity for an experienced Catholic leader.
We are looking for a headteacher who:
- is an inspiring leader who understands the distinctive nature of our Catholic school.
- is a dedicated, practising Catholic who is fully committed to promoting our Catholic ethos.
- is focused on ensuring that our pupils experience the very best teaching and learning.
- has a good track record in school improvement, working with staff to secure good outcomes for all pupils.
- will strive relentlessly towards the highest standards for all pupils.
- is ambitious, has a good sense of humour and is approachable.
We can offer you:
- happy, friendly children who are keen to learn.
- a school with an exceptionally welcoming ethos and an outstanding sense of community which has been developed from our close partnerships with families, the parish and the wider community.
- a dedicated, hardworking and committed team of staff.
- a strong pastoral team keen and skilled in offering service, welcome and nurture to our school community.
- strong support from committed and experienced governors.
- a popular, over-subscribed, inclusive school.
The school is part of a cluster of Catholic Primaries and school works collaboratively in sharing good practice and resources.
School visits are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Closing date: Noon Thursday 1st February 2018
Interview dates: 26th February 2018 pm (visit) & 27th February 2018 (interviews)
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The successful candidate will also be appointed under the terms and conditions of a Catholic Education Service (CES) contract and will be expected to sign this upon appointment.