St. Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01772 797397
Fax: 01772 655992
Required from September 2018
Group 2 school: ISR Range L3 – L8
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational practising Catholic Deputy headteacher, who will develop and share our vision of high quality education for all.
We are seeking a deputy head teacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic who can nurture faith and spirituality
- Sets an excellent example of classroom practice and demonstrate a clear desire for enabling progress and inspiring colleagues in raising standards.
- Is passionate in promoting a clear child-centred vision.
- Has an ability to drive forward developments in the curriculum.
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a good sense of humour and excellent teamwork
- Can support the Headteacher in the strategic role of raising our standards of achievement both academically, spiritually and pastorally
- Understands children’s emotional and behavioural welfare
Our children are seeking a deputy head teacher who:
- Can do magic tricks
- Can tell good jokes
- Is friendly, fun and fantastic
- Will help them if they do something wrong or don’t understand something
- Will make them feel safe, happy and is always smiling
- Is strict but fair and consistent
- Can play football
We can offer you:
• A positive and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith.
• A welcoming and supportive community united in our desire to learn and improve together.
• The opportunity to work with a passionate and dedicated team of staff.
• A supportive and committed leadership team with a clear vision and determination to raising standards of teaching and learning.
- A well-resourced, happy and inclusive school
- Personalised and ever evolving professional development opportunities to ensure that God given talents are nurtured and potential is fulfilled.
Visits welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school to make arrangements.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 26th February
Short listing: Monday 5th March
Visit: Wednesday 21st March
Interviews: Thursday 22nd March
Please note that all applications MUST be on CESEW application form. It is advisable to read the guidance before completing the form.
All completed application forms and/or supplementary documents should be returned to the school on or before noon on 26th February.
St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation.
Diocese of Lancaster Guidance on the Definition of a Practising Catholic
Diocese of Lancaster.Equal.Opp
Job.Descritption.DHT St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
Notes to Applicants June.2016
SLT Applicant Declaration.Diocese of Lancaster
St Teresa’s DHT Person spec