The Cathedral Catholic Primary School
ISR – 7-12
NOR – 190 – Group 2
Following the appointment of a new Headteacher, the Governors of The Cathedral Catholic Primary School are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who is passionate about raising standards and supporting the strong Catholic ethos of our school. This position presents an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to build on their experiences and further develop their career as part of our new leadership team.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic who is committed to enhancing the Catholic Ethos of our school.
- Will develop further links with the parish and community
- Will be an outstanding and nurturing classroom practitioner who can lead by example and support other colleagues to improve their practice.
- Shows a vision and energy to share in the leadership and management of our school.
- Will think creatively and be open and positive to new approaches.
- Will support the Headteacher and have excellent relationships with all staff.
- Will be very willing to take part in and contribute to the wider life of the school.
- Is proactive and forward thinking in order to continue to drive this school forward.
- A caring and vibrant community with Christ at the centre.
- A newly appointed, supportive Headteacher.
- Friendly, supportive and committed staff, open to new ideas.
- An active and engaged family and parish community.
- A safe, secure, inclusive and positive school environment.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- Well behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
- A very hardworking and supportive Governing Body
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Our school is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We warmly welcome prospective candidates to visit the school, and would encourage an appointment during the teaching day. Please contact Mrs Phillips 01524 64686 to arrange a time.
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Shortlisting: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Interviews: 20th and 21st May 2019